It’s official, there are 100 days until graduation! That means, it’s time to get ready for the NCLEX.
Here’s what you will need to do:
You will be doing two separate registrations. One for the BRN to obtain an RN license and another to Pearson VUE (the company that administers the NCLEX).
Documents to attach to the application include; official passport photos as well as Live Scan fingerprints. When you go to get your fingerprints done be sure bring the required paperwork. This can be found on the BRN website.
- Go to rn.ca.gov
- Under the Applicant tab you will find a tab labeled “Fingerprints”. Enter the required info where you see a large red, X.
- Print out a several hard copies of this page and bring to the Live Scan office. (You will need to save a copy for your files, and leave one copy at the Live Scan office.)
In order to complete the application, access to a scanner is helpful in order to scan and upload documents.
If you have a disability and need special accommodations you will need a letter of explanation. See section II – Exam application instructions for more info.
You will also complete the BRN “Request for Transcript”. This needs to be submitted to the MEPN office by March 15th. Here is the link: http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/end_transcript.pdf
What are your out-of-pocket costs? It’s a chunk of change. Plan at least $400.00. Here’s the cost breakdown.
- BRN application = $150.00
- Interim Permit – not necessary, don’t waste your money
- Pearson VUE = $200.00
- Live Scan Fingerprints = $75.00
- Passport Photos = $10.00
Let’s get started
- Go to: rn.ca.gov
- Click on Applicants
- Click on Licensure by exam – make sure to click on the ‘apply online’ tab labeled as “click here”
- Set up an account. Make your payment of $150.00 via credit card.
- You can input your info, save your info, then go back to your application at a later date when you are ready to upload the fingerprint page and passport photo.
- Now go to the Pearson VUE website to register to take the NCLEX exam. https://home.pearsonvue.com/. Set up your Pearson Vue account and pay the $200.00 via credit card.
- You will receive an email with your Admission To Test (ATT). This is basically your approval stating you can sit for the NCLEX. The ATT is good for 90 days. There are no extensions.
- After you receive your ATT you will go online to schedule your test date.
What else do you need to know??
Here’s what we do from the MEPN office.
- The completed “Individual Candidate Roster” will be sent from the MEPN office to the BRN, at least 6 weeks prior to graduation.
- Certified Transcripts, for the entire class, are sent to the BRN approximately 2 weeks after graduation. (It takes this long to post your grades and degree)
Stop by the MEPN office, or make an appointment with Dr. Marsh. email@example.com
It won’t be long now!!!!!!!!!