Dear MEPN 2016 grads,
It is hard to believe just 21 months ago your journey to becoming an RN was just beginning and the people who walked with you, and celebrated with you during commencement were strangers. My, how you have changed!
Best of luck to you as you are studying for the NCLEX, participating in job interviews, and beginning your career as a registered professional nurse. All of us look forward to staying in touch with you and following each and every one of your nursing careers.
A few things to keep in mind…
- Your USD email is yours for life!
- Join the ‘Hahn School of Nursing’ group on ‘Linked In’
- Plan to come back to campus for the MEPN Panel Discussion in early March 2017 to share your new grad story with the graduating MEPNs.
- As soon as you earn your RN license you are able to apply for your Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate (no exam required!). Contact the MEPN office (619.260.7608) when you are ready, and we will guide you through the process.
- As soon as you have your RN license you are able to take the CNL certification. Again, contact the MEPN office (619.260.7608) when you are ready, and we will guide you through the process.
Our wish for you is that you bring comfort where there is pain, courage where there is despair, acceptance when the end is near, and a touch that is gentle with tenderness, patience, and love.
Congratulations on a job well done. It is a pleasure and an honor to call you ‘colleague’.
In keeping with the USD motto;
Emitte Spiritum Tuum, (Send forth thy spirit),
The MEPN Team
Dr. Kathy Marsh, Dr. Susie Hutchins, Dr. Jackie Close, Dr. Linda Urden, Professor Nadine Kassity-Krich, and Ms. Le Rae Gilliam