As we get ready for finals, I thought you might like to read these 5 tips from Dr Andrea Dinardo on how to focus better. Good Luck!
This post was inspired by the one question students ask year after year:
“How can I focus better when I study?”
Focus has as much to do with what happens before you study as what happens while you are studying.
1. Remove ALL distractions.
- Shut off your phone. Better yet — put it away. Just looking at it takes up mental space
- Research shows the mere presence of a smartphone on your desk impairs intellect and reduces brain power.
- And if you can’t trust yourself to hit the switch – lock your phone in the trunk of your car and give a trusted friend the key until you are done studying. No kidding!
- You’ll miss it for the first 20 minutes of your study session, then you’ll forget all about it.
- Bonus = you’ll get twice as much work done in half the time.
2. Be an ACTIVE studier.
View original post 252 more words