Dear MEPN grads,
Just a short note to say congratulations on a job well done. Best of luck to you as you are studying for the NCLEX, participating in job interviews, and starting your new grad positions. All of us, at USD, look forward to staying in touch with you and following each and every one of your nursing careers.
A few things to keep in mind…
- Your USD email is yours for life!
- Join the Hahn School of Nursing group on ‘Linked In’
- Plan to come back to campus for the MEPN Alumni Panel Discussion, in early February, to share your new grad story with the graduating MEPNs.
- As soon as you obtain your RN license, you are able to apply for your Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate (no exam required).
Contact Bianca Vazquez Pantoja at: email@example.com when you are ready and she will guide you through the process.
- When you are ready to sit for the CNL exam, please contact the MEPN Office at 619-260-7608. We offer the exam on site at USD and can guide you through the exam application process.
- Don’t forget MEPN grads make the best lab and clinical faculty. Go out there and get some experience, and then come back to USD to teach in the lab or clinical setting. (Three years’ experience in the acute care setting is required by the BRN so by then you will be ready to ‘pay it forward’ and educate the next generation of nurses.)
- It might be hard to fathom that someday you might consider a PhD in Nursing. I would personally be thrilled to discuss this educationally opportunity with you.
It is a pleasure and an honor to call you ‘colleague’.
Welcome to the nursing profession.
Dr. Kathy Marsh, Associate Dean, Hahn School of Nursing, USD and the
MEPN Team- Professor Peggy Mata, Dr Lyn Puhek, and Dr Deanna Johnston