Last week, first-year MEPN students administered COVID-19 vaccinations to over 155 nursing students, faculty, and staff from the School of Nursing. Additionally, MEPNs are out in the San Diego community providing COVID-19 vaccinations for the 65 years of age and older population.
The MEPN Team is committed to safely engaging nursing faculty and students in the critical work underway to vaccinate the public against COVID-19.
In collaboration with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and the National League for Nursing (NLN) the MEPN Team is committed to ensuring MEPN students are fully engaged in vaccination efforts which include the following:
- Commitment to actively participate in COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
- Educate the public about the vaccines and what resources are available to caregivers and communities.
- Advocate for early vaccination for nursing faculty, students, and others engaged in providing health services to the public.
- Utilize nursing faculty and students to lead and support local efforts to administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Address vaccine hesitancy through education and information sharing.”